What happens on camp?
No. Children should bring a packed lunch and snacks for morning and afternoon breaks, in addition to a refillable drink bottle with their name on it.
Many children arrive not knowing other children and part of attending Camp Waterford is developing new friendships. However, we do our best accommodate friend requests made at the point of booking, prior to arriving on camp. This isn’t always possible due to camp numbers and ratios.
As long as the weather is dry and warm, we’ll be outside as much as possible. Please ensure your child has clothing and shoes for both indoor and outdoor activities.
Part of the magic of Camp is our themes in Cub Camp and Camp Waterford. These help to make each week different and often become an integral part of making the week special.
Our programmes are structured to bring the best out of every child and are timetabled to make the most of the facilities, the group dynamics and of course, the weather. Our experienced coaches know exactly how to ensure children on camp get active whilst having lots of fun. Although children cannot choose activities, our range of active games means there’s lots they’ll love!
Our programmes are suitable for children attending school and who have had their 4th birthday. We have programmes suitable for children up to 17 years.
All of our staff undergo a thorough selection and preparation process including:
- Professional and personal reference checks
- Staff leading activities are Garda Vetted
- On-the-job mentoring
Please label clothing, drinks bottles and lunch boxes. Lost property is collected and routinely handed back to children on a daily basis at the end of the day. Please check with us before the end of the week if you are missing items. Property not collected at the end of camp is disposed of.
If you need to contact your child whilst on camp, please call us on 051 873752.
For International Visitors:
- There is a great choice of activities in the area.
- Visit House of Waterford Crystal – Waterford Museum of Treasures
- Reginalds Tower – Bishop’s Palace – Waterford Walking Tours
- Discover a global geopark by visiting the Copper Coast
- Beaches: Dunmore strand, Tramore Beach, Annestown
- Or head to the Comeragh Mountains
- Golf at Waterford Castle, Faithlegg or for something special Mount Juliet
- Waterford English Language Centre
- EFL Ireland – Waterford English Language Courses
- Love2learn Language School